Posted by: sad | 2008/08/13

post 1755: do i have any rights?

hi doc i am 20 and so is my bf i am working and so is he. i have written a letter to my mum but im afraid to give it to her because of the way she might react. i wanted to slip it in her bag last night but i just didnt have the guts. i wrote everything in this letter i dont want her to use this letter against me later on in life because she is a person that never forgives and forgets. im depressed is there anything you could recommend?

Its hard to answer this, as so much depends on far more details than you could give or that I could read, in this format. Best to see a good local counsellor to explore all these issues. Sometimes it helps to write such a letter to clarify some of your own thoughts, without ever actually giving it to the person, indeed burning it after writing. As her reactions are hard to predict and may very well be unhelpful, I don't see what benefits you expect from giving her such a letter.

Posted by: sad | 2008/08/14

thanx butterfly but how do you cope? i cant manage anymore everybody wants to keep taking from me nobody cares about my happiness

Reply to sad
Posted by: butterfly | 2008/08/13

hi sad

I know exactly how you feel its been like that for almost 3 years &  now we plan on marrying my parents &  his are gonna be very upset because we decided between ourselves what way we wanna be married &  I refused to go his way he agreed to get married my way. I assume you indian like me with indian mother its extremely hard to let go but in the past 3 years I have learnt I cant please everyone I need to please me I have come to a realisation that whatever happens in the future would be in Gods hands &  I pray that everything is for the best. My bf has flaws but I know we can make it. You need to take a stand as hard as it is speak out at the end of the day its your life &  you cant be sad all the time if you know this guy is right for you your mum will come around but she needs to know how unhappy she is making you. I wish you all the luck. God bless

Reply to butterfly