Question
Posted by: Babe | 2008/06/03

post 1367 - abuse vs dicipline?

There is a difference in abusing and disciplining .

Abuse is done with the intent of doing harm to a child for what eva reason.

Diciplining is done in the sense of a loving parent wanting to teach their child between right and wrong .

Interesting definition. I agree that there are differences, both in intention, effects, and methods

2
Posted by: slr | 2008/06/04

you can discipline without hitting. In Scandinavia, hitting a kid is against the law. And it is not if those kids are hooligans....the parents ther just have enough brains to think out ways of disciplining without hitting. Something many South Africans esp. Afrikaners don't seem to have.

Goeie pak slae and then they wonder why their sons one day have issues such as road rage, hitting the wife, etc.

I don't hit anything...not my cat, not my man, not my kids. It is possible to discipline without using violence.

Reply to slr
Posted by: Phil | 2008/06/04

The Bible says that you should dissipline your child if you love them. Look at the kids today, they hit the teachers and rape toddlers. So to all the ididots that have a lot to say about corporal punishment, I am willing to bet that your either don't have kids or have ill behaved brats.
Most successfull people in the world grew up with dissipline - fact. The majority of the rest, we all know how and where they end up.

Reply to Phil