Question
Posted by: anon | 2007/06/05

possibly pregnant with a cyst - worried!

Hi there,

I discovered yesterday that I have a 3cm cyst, after a gynae check up. I susect that I may be pregnant as I have not had my period yet and started my last period on 13th may., therefore I am on day 24 of my cycle(UsuaIly start on day 23/24). I have been told to take Duphaston to shrink the cyst. I just want to know what would happen if i do discover that i am pregnant and have this cyst, and for some reason it doesnt shrink, after taking Duphaston. Please can you advise.... I am quite worried about it!!Im going back to the gynae in 2 weeks for a follow up appointment.

The easiest would be to wait and see if your period comes when expected before starting the Duphaston.

1
Posted by: Natasja | 2007/06/05

I had a cyst 5 cm, when i went for my first scan between 4-5 weeks pregnant.It wasn`t as big in the beginning ,but it got bigger and on 8 weeks the Gynae had to drain it(was to big, could burst).He said in the beginning it`s not ussually a problem,it goes away by itself, but mine didn`t, only after he drained it!! I was in shock, when he told me he had to drain it right away in his rooms,nearly fainted. But i got through it, i have a healthy boy now.

Reply to Natasja