Question
Posted by: Lynn | 2005/01/04

Possibly Pregnant

Dear Doc

(Also refer to my mail posted 22/12/2004)
I have a suspicion that we might be pregnant. A little Xmas gift for us. A baby is all we wanted!
I had a MC in August and ever since I had the DNC my period was on time, every 4 weeks, on the dot! I am now 3 days late. How effective would a test be? I am light headed at times and very sleepy in the afternoons. But otherwise I don't feel sick at all. The only other telling signs I had with my other pregnancy was the metal taste in the mouth and the tenderness of the breasts.
I am excited as well as scared. I know you said that a MC don't easilly re-occur after a 1st MC.

I want to see my doctor as soon as possible.
What are the chances that it might be a false pregnancy? I heard that while ttc it can occur.

Thank You!

I'd suggest that you wait till tomorrow and then do a pregnancy test. Phantom pregnancies do sometimes occur, usually in women who have been trying for a long time.

Best wsihes

2
Posted by: Lynn | 2005/01/05

Dear Doc

I did the pregnancy test and it was positive.
My gynea is back next week. Can I go and do a heamoglobin test so long, that when I go and see him I have the results ready?

Reply to Lynn
Posted by: Nix | 2005/01/04

Its best to do a test first thing in the morning. Look for an "early detection" test or one that measures a small quantitiy of HCG (the lower the better ie 25iu is a good one as opposed to 100iu). Hope you are pregnant! Let us know!
Nix

Reply to Nix