Question
Posted by: G | 2007/11/27

possible to have warts that are not STD?

Hi there,

My boyfriend has a wart on his penis that he says was there long before he ever started having sex ... for as long as he can remember. Is this possible ... that is, to have a wart on penis, that is not due to an STD?

He has a lot of moles (the ones that are raised above the skin) on most other parts of his body, so I could believe that he is susceptible to that sort of thing, but have only ever heard of any warts on genital areas being due to STD's.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Dear G
Warts are caused by human pappiloma virus and even if he did not get it by sexual transmission it still can cause warts in a sex partner and must be treated. Please use a condom at all times.