Question
Posted by: not sure | 2004/11/20

possible to fall pregnant?

Hello, if you have intercourse while having your period, can you fall pregnant? What are the chances? Is it even possible to fall pregnant while bleeding?
I'm going to take the morning afterpill. It can be taken up to 72hrs after sex. I'm taking it 36hrs aft sex. should still work right?

It is possible to fall pregnant during your period, though the chances are small. You are right that the morning after pill can be taken up to 72 hours after sex.

1
Posted by: Savannah | 2004/11/20

Yes, it is possible to fall pregnant while menstruating, although highly unlikely. But it has been known to happen.

The morning after pill (Ovral) will work as long as it doesn't make you vomit. It causes severe nausea and vomiting in some people, which obviously reduces its effectiveness, as it then doesn't get absorbed properly.

Reply to Savannah