Question
Posted by: zinzizo | 2004/10/01

possible pregnancyP: went to Gynae said i maybe pregnant plz explain ths

This morning i decided to go to the Gynae because i missed my periods and my boobs were killing me. I started clomids on the 1st of ths month and my last period was on the 28 of August.

We decided to go to my Gynae with my hubby, and guess what he just checked me using a scanner and said my womb is thick and its possible i might be pregnant but its too early to detect, he also done a urine test but he said it might also be too early for it to pick pregnancy. So he said i should wait for a weeek or so and check if my result is possitive

My question is: when one is pregnant the urine test shouldnt pick it up two days after one missed a period? My second is that my Dr refused to do me a bloood test, he said its too early to tell. He also said i shouldnt stressed because it could cause a problem if im pregnant. Do you think he knows that im pregnant but he is just playing games or it was his honest opinion?

Please ladies can you please tell me what to do!

Sounds like a honest opinion but a blood test should confirm.

5
Posted by: zinzizo | 2004/10/04

Thank you for your opinoins and im sorry for responding so late, i was just wondering and now at least i know what to expect!

Reply to zinzizo
Posted by: Albert | 2004/10/01

They normally say urine test picks it up at 4 weeks. It may also depend on people. but please be positive. When is your next appointment? be patient for the next appoint.... or if you're feel uncomfortable see another doctor.

Best of Luck.

Nice weekend all.

Reply to Albert
Posted by: Francis | 2004/10/01

Your doctor can't refuse you a blood test. Go to a pathcare or any other place and do a blood test. If he is afraid of telling you you might miscarry then he is not a good doctor. Doctor's are suppose to honest and need to tell you everything even if it is bad. Now you sit with a week of stress that are not good for you and your baby (if you are pregnant).

Go and do a blood test and you will know before the end of the week. If the blood test shows negative wait then until a week and then do another. My hpt showed positive two days BEFORE my missed period.

Reply to Francis
Posted by: Jessica | 2004/10/01

I think it was his honest opinion that he don't know, I have also gone to the gynae after being terribly late and he also said I might be pregnant or will have my period real soon, it was the latter, he also said I should wait another week before doing a blood test, I real glad otherwise I would have done it and had the negative result and then still wonder if I could be preggies because it could have been to early.

The thing is why he said you might be pregnant, your womb lining is equally thick before your period as when you are very early in pregnancy, if he saw an embio he would have told you. It might really just be to early to detect (you might have ovulated later than you thought)

I really hope it is the option you want and that you are pregnant, but you'll see that this week will fly and every day your period stays away is a good sign!

Jessica

Reply to Jessica
Posted by: Golly | 2004/10/01

Dear Zinzino,

Maybe your gynae is cautious in getting your hopes up. Sometimes the egg fertilises (and gives a possible test) but do not implant well into the uterus. Within a week or so the embrio may abort naturally. Maybe he had a bad experience with another patient where a non-viable pregnancy was confirmed only to end soon after.

The hpt is not as sensitive as the blood test, but I would guess both would be able to tell if you are pregnant. Was the urine test he did negative? In that case give it a few days before doing another. I knowit's tough but there's not much else to do but wait. Good luck!

Reply to Golly