Question
Posted by: Belle | 2004/10/21

Possible Pregnancy

How soon after having had intercourse can you find out if you're pregnant? I know normally you have to wait until you've skipped a period but is there no other way of finding out earlier than waiting for a month? I really don't want to wait that long as I 'v been trying to fall pregnant for a while now

Generally, you ovulate at midcycle, therefore it would be about two weeks to your next period. There is no way of finding out earlier than this if you are pregnant or not.

2
Posted by: Tash | 2004/10/21

Im not sure if you know when you ovulate, its about 14 to 16 days before your next period. Those days that the egg is alive (about3) are the only days in which you can fall pregnant.

Reply to Tash
Posted by: Tash | 2004/10/21

You only have to wait 2 weeks, a hpt will only pick up the Hcg in your urine after it hasimplanted in your uterus, so after a missed period. A blood test can pick it up from about a week after conception, depending of a few factors.

Reply to Tash