Question
Posted by: amanda | 2007/04/28

possible preeclampsia?

after experiencing severe abdominal pains and nausea (i am 25 weeks pregnant) I went to see a gp, who tested my blood pressure (120/80) and urine (protein 1+) and then referred me to a gynaecologist. I am unemployed at the moment and not on medical aid, is there a gynaecologist in the pretoria area who maybe does pro bono work that can help me?

If you are unable to pay, you will have to go to a stat hospital. A normal blood pressure would be against the diagnosis of pre-eclampsia. The proteinuria could just be a bladder infection, but you do need to have it checked out. You will, in any case, have to make plans for the management of your pregnancy.