Question
Posted by: moedeloos | 2005/11/24

Possible overactive bladder??

Been having problems with urine frequency for over 6 months now. Went to Gynae (who did vaginal hysterectomy) 2 years ago. Gave me Detrusitol 2mg daily. Been drinking it for more than 2 months now without significant improvement. Although I have no leakage of urine, I find that I have to go very often. It is not the same as with bladder infection where you feel the urge, but nothing really comes out. My bladder is defnitely more or less full. Sometimes at night I have to go every half hour and even after that it still feels as if my bladder isn't empty. Is this overactive bladder or should I see a urologist?

Moedeloos, it might be that your bladder isn’t emptying completely and that this is the cause of your symptoms. The best would be to see an urologist and make sure what the problem is. Good luck.

1
Posted by: Karen | 2005/11/27

You should see a NEUROLOGIST. It could be Multiple Sclerosis. I trust that you have already had a sugar test for diabetes.

Reply to Karen