Question
Posted by: scared | 2004/02/11

possible miscarriage

need advice

hv just been to a gynae and he did a scan but was unable to pick up anything. he was only able to see i think its called the placenta. have had no bleeding or any other discomfort. my last period was from the 27dec to 01 jan. is it possible that it is still to early to be able to pick up anything or could be blocked pls help as i have been thru 2 miscarriages but this is not the same.
thank you

It would be too early to detect a fetal heart at this stage. I'm sure that your gynaecologist suggested a repeat scan in about two weeks.

2
Posted by: Linda | 2004/02/11

It is too early. They could not detect mine at 6 weeks but the urine was positive so I did not take medication that might cause a miscarriage. At 9 weeks, I threatened to miscarry and the Gynae could see clearly then that I am pregnant.

Reply to Linda
Posted by: Belle | 2004/02/11

Hi Scared

My first pregnancy was not planned so when I found out my doc sent me for a scan as I had been taking medication and had alot of pain in my side. On the scan there was only a little sac of fluid at that stage and the gynae told me he wasn't sure if I was truly pregnant or not. At that stage according to my calculations I was about 5 weeks along. By 8 weeks we could see the baby and hear the heartbeat. The first scan was just done to early. Give it some time and then go for another scan.

Reply to Belle