Question
Posted by: The BigB | 2007/03/26

Possible heart condition.

I've been experiencing a sharp pain in my chest. Its not a constant pain, it comes and goes, its sort of becoming constant, like for an hour or two. I'm a drinker, smoker, eat a lot of junk food, but I'm not over weight. I weigh 72kg. Should I be worried? I'm 23.

Dear BigB
Of course you should be worried! You may have a hiatus hernia and I think you should see your GP at least and maybe get a referral for a gastroscopy. You will have to change your lifestyle if you don't want to be old and sick at 35 years! You don't have to give up everything - just slow down, smoke less, drink less, try eating at least one or two healthy meals per day ( get in 2-3 fruits and 2-3 portions of vegetables - don't pull your face! - you can make smoothies to get the fruits in and eat stews or salads to get the veges in! ) Watch your fat intake - try and replace high fat junk food with low fat junk food!