Question
Posted by: tired | 2005/12/15

Possible Cushing Disease

Please help me:

I was identified a while back having an iron deficiency. My gyneacoligist couldn't find anything wrong. I am currently on Depo - contraceptive injection, and does not experience any menstruation. Me and my fiancee eat the same diet and his iron is fine.

I had glandular fever - 3 times - about 18 months ago.Although I am using iron tablets, i still feel very tired. I do moderate exercise about 3 times a week and try to walk whenever I can - except when I am to tired, which is most of the time.

Over the past 3 -5 months I have picked up weight mainly on my tummy area, and did not lose any, although I had a very stressfull time in my life.

Could you help me please?

Dear Tired,
Please let your GP test your Full blood count, your thyroid, your iron levels and examine you for possible cushings disease. IF needed he must refer you to a physician.