Question
Posted by: Louise | 2005/01/05

Possible anxiety / panic attacks?

Hi CyberDoc. I have done alot of reading on the internet on panic attacks / anxiety attacks and I cannot really find any information on my specific attack if I can call it that. I would probably relate it to more of a anxiety attack but I'm not too sure as it happens only when I am sitting still either watching tv or at my desk for instance. It's a weird pulling feeling in my stomach (almost connected to the funny feeling I get when pushing hard on my belly button) which leaves me very restless and uncomfortable. For a while smoking helped but I have quit for some time and I am suffering now and I thought I would find out from you before I go to my doctor as it is rather difficult to explain. It's not like I have read on attacks i.e. I'm never short of breath or feeling dizzy at all during these stages, it will sometimes leave me with a hot flush if anything. I'm 30.

Louise, it is difficult to determine the cause without being able to examine you first, but it might be due to something like a hernia or a gallbladder problem. The best would be to see your doctor as he will be able to determine the cause or refer you to someone who can. Good luck.