Question
Posted by: Kay | 2007/05/08

Possible Angina Attack

Hi, I am 36yr old female with a history of heart disease in family. Have been getting some heavy pains in chest and left arm and jaw. Pain seems to get worse when lying down. Saw a cardiologist 3 months ago, did an ecg, stress test and everything was normal according to him. My cholesterol was marginally high, quite surprising, not obese, don't eat meat and eat healthily.

Still getting these attacks now and again, had one last night, felt awful. Still have some pain this morning in the chest with slight jaw pain (left side) Experincing some burning in the chest.

What do I do. Is it possible for the ECG not to pick up something until you actually having the angina like attack.

Pls help, should i just ignore these pains.

Dear Kay
You may be getting esophageal spasms - it feels very much like an angina attack but the ECG's show nothing. With your family history you maybe should take 1/2 disprin preventatively daily. Ask your GP to refer you to a gastro enterologist for evaluation? See http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/000289.htm

1
Posted by: anxious | 2007/05/08

You should NEVER ignore chest pain, especially if you keep getting it. Go to your gp and have a thorough medical and state that you are still having chest pains. Your doctor needs to find the underlying cause of your chest pain.

Reply to anxious