Question
Posted by: TRYING | 2008/01/16

Positive symptoms but Negative results

Hi there!

I’m a 25 and we’ve been trying now for 4 months to get pregnant. My last period was on 08/12/2007. A week before my period started I started getting terrible abdominal pain – I thought this was a bit too soon to be period cramps, but thought nothing of it. I’m always on time with my period (I’ve been off the pill now for more than a year). And for a week I tended to get very nauseous at night and have cramping whenever I lay down.

Come 08/01/2008 – no period. I waited until I was 3 days late and did a home test – Negative. I consulted with my pharmacist and she said I must give it time till I’m 10 days late. Did the test and it was negative once again. Today I noticed spotting, which is weird cause I never get spotting and this is very light and watery.

I still get nauseous at night time around 8 and the last 3 evenings I get a huge appetite, but then I have 3 bites and get nauseous. I’m a very healthy person and in shape and haven’t had any illnesses in the past 6 months.

Should I wait longer before attempting another test or should I rather have a blood test done to be sure?

Emotionally it’s not very pleasant on me and hubby… we both want it so bad and it “feels” like I’m pregnant, but the tests show negative. But I’m also scared that I “feel” pregnant because we want it so badly…

I would suggest that you see a gynaecologist. You are probably not pregnant and he/she would be able to look for other reasons for the missed period.

6
Posted by: TRYING | 2008/01/17

Well, my period started... So I guess I'm not preggies - yet! :-) Oh well, at least there's fun in trying!

I can't help wonder though could it be PMS symptoms I was experiencing?! So long before my period?! I usually get my PMS symptoms etc, the day before and on the day my period starts.

One thing is for sure - the mind is a powerfull thing...

Reply to TRYING
Posted by: Mariette | 2008/01/17

Today, I'm 5 days late. I did a HPT yesterday that was neg. I've got pms symptoms but still nothing. I think I will wait anothe day or 2 then go for a blood tet.

Mariette

Reply to Mariette
Posted by: funky | 2008/01/17

Hey

I've got the same problem just have not had any kind of spotting. I don't have pain either - I've got all the symptoms - Sore brests, bloated, tired, nauseouse and heartburn I've done two blood tests which were negative. My period was due 7/01/2008 still nothing. The pathologist said I should wait another two weeks. Let us know your results - good luck

Reply to funky
Posted by: rosy | 2008/01/16

yes i think blood test will be better. good luck

Reply to rosy
Posted by: rosy | 2008/01/16

Reply to rosy
Posted by: Mpums | 2008/01/16

Hi Trying
I know the feeling and desperation,I suggest you go for blood test.Good luck

Reply to Mpums