Question
Posted by: CP MOM | 2005/01/06

Positive / Negative ?huh?

As I said yesterday :

Saterday I vomited, I've been dizzy for about 2 weeks, period is missing in action. HPT was positive. Showed it to dr. yesterday she said I'm preggies - congrats. Blood pressure is a bit high. She made an appointment with a gynae for me next week and she took a blood sample.

Last nite she phoned me after 9 (as the lab's open 24hours) to tell me the blood test is negative ?

It was most likely a false positive home test.

6
Posted by: Angie | 2005/01/07

Hi CP Mom,

Remember - 37 is way not too old to have a baby. Good Luck.

Reply to Angie
Posted by: Angel Eyes | 2005/01/06

Dear CP Mom,

Sorry to hear about all the ups and downs for you recently. That is really not a nice experience. I hope all goes well for you in the future and that your true wish, whichever it is, will be fulfilled.

Take care

Reply to Angel Eyes
Posted by: Samantha | 2005/01/06

Just to let you know, that for me...after my blood test I went to the gynae, had an internal scan, and my gynae confirmed that I was never pregnant to begin with, so I don't think that I miscarried.

Don't worry, soon soon you will be preggies!, just hang in there!

Reply to Samantha
Posted by: CP MOM | 2005/01/06

Thanks girls .... i'm 37 and didnt want to get preggies agh but if it was it would have been my own biological child (as my 7year old is adopted) and i wouldve liked it... maar nou ja!

Waiting to get "sick" now....

Reply to CP MOM
Posted by: Renira | 2005/01/06

Hi CP MOM,

What a rollercoaster you must be on.

I experienced a false positive a few months ago - the HPT was + but the blood test -. When I discussed with the Dr, he said that HPT's are rarely ever incorrect and that I was most likely preggies but miscarried shortly after hence causing blood test to be neg. I hate to say this but you may have had a miscarriage. How long was the time between the HPT and blood test?

It is awful when you feel the highest of highs and then fall to the lowest of lows.

Renira

Reply to Renira
Posted by: samantha | 2005/01/06

Hi CP MOM,

The same happend to me. Apparently it's called a "Phantom Pregnancy" or "False Positive", you find that you have most of the symptoms and in some cases (like ours) HPT's are positive.
With me, I also went to a doctor who done a preggie test. Then a week went by and I didn't feel pregnant, so I went for a blood test and the blood test showed negative. I'm not sure what causes this, some people believe that it has something to do with ones hormones, and on the other hand some believe that it is faulty pregnancy tests. The doctor told me I was pregant got rid of all their pregnancy tests and he believed it could've been faulty.
At the moment, my hubby and I are still trying to conceive, I also missed a couple of periods, but that's because I was ovulating irregularly. But I'm sure that you have nothing to worry about, so don't let this make you feel down and despondent.
Good Luck.

Samantha.

Reply to samantha