Question
Posted by: Mickey | 2005/01/07

Positive Cilift experience

I have been reading about everyone's Cilift experience's and for those who are unsure of how they will react to it I wanted to share my experience. After two very emotional experiences I finally realized that I needed help in just getting through the day... couldnt focus on anything and was in tears most of the time. I saw my GP who sent me to a therapist who suggested Cilift. I was very worried about going onto an anti-depressant but have had absolutely nothing but a good experience. I was able to focus on other things and the terrible mood swings, sleeplesness and crying went away. I was on cilift for just under a year and have just come off it and feeling much better about life. Cilift was the best thing (as is the couselling I still receive) It wasnt just about the drug but also about receiving help from a qualified professional who was able to make me understand my reactions to certain things. The only side effect I had was weight gain, but busy losing the extra weight at the moment.

Thanks for your most helpful message, Mikey. And I'm sure that the combinaton of a useful drug like Cilift AND counselling, is the best plan for most people.
We wouldn't want meds to take away our ability to feel blue occasionally, especially when it's appropriate --- but what matters is getting the extremes under control, so one can cope more successfully.

5
Posted by: Mickey | 2005/01/07

Hi guys, damn, I wish I was that lucky, losing weight :) I was diagnosed with depression. Cilift did not take away the depression, and I did have some emotional episodes, but they werent as out of control as before and I was able to manage them a lot better. I also find that my therapist is a bit expensive but it has definitely been worth it. I dont think it would have worked as well had I only been taking the pills. Carol, I am sure that some days you will feel worse than others, but try and compare your emotions and feelings to the ones you were having before going onto cilift and I am sure you will notice they arent quite as extreme as they used to be. The drug doesnt make everything go away, so somehow you will still need to cope with what caused your depression in the first place.
I was also very lucky in the fact that I was prescribed something which worked for me and didnt have to try other products. I did go off cilift myself but I weaned myself off them after my doctor explained the process. I also chose the time when I would be most vulnerable to be away on holiday with my friends so that I would have things to do and people around me.

Reply to Mickey
Posted by: Chelle | 2005/01/07

I am not totally clear of depression, but it's more that I see progress as the months go by. And it gives me hope. I also have some ways of coping with the pain I feel, instead of pushing it away. The therapy, and just being able to talk about my life and the things that worry me, do help alot.
You're very welcome to write to me if you'd like someone to talk to --- Chelle at websurfer dot co dot za

Reply to Chelle
Posted by: Carol | 2005/01/07

Dear Chelle,

I was seeing a therapist but then it became too expensive and I have not gone back, did you also battle with your memory are things alot better now ? I am seeing a christian counsellor but she has been on leave for the last 3 weeks and will see her when she gets back, how did you get over the depression ?

Reply to Carol
Posted by: Chelle | 2005/01/07

I've also had a very positive experience with Cilift and instead of gaining weight, I seem to be losing, which is cool by me - I need it.
Carol, I am sure that people have different reactions to the meds, and some are more suitable than others in specific circumstances, but also remember that meds don't take away all those "negative" feelings. The meds have helped me be more balanced in general, but I have had down days and I have still cried myself to sleep on occassion, but the trend is that I am more on an even keel, and that as the months go by, I have less and less down days. I am also seeing a therapist monthly which helps me alot.
Are you seeing a therapist?

Reply to Chelle
Posted by: Carol | 2005/01/07

Mickey, did you go off the Cilift yourself ? Were you diagnosed with depression and how did you get out of the depression ? I am also taking cilift and somedays I feel like it does not work

Reply to Carol