Question
Posted by: Abi | 2005/07/15

position of baby at 3 - 7 month's

Hi, I would like to know if it is normal for my baby to be in a head down position since 3 month's. I am now just over 7 month's and baby is still in this position.
Does this indicate premature labour or that something may go wrong. I was classified as having a early low placenta at 5 month's , but the midwife now thinks that it is okay. I also have a discharge straw colour with a bad smell, but again the midwife sais it is okay.
PLease let me know.

If ther baby stays head down from early on, it does not indicate preterm labour or anything wrong.
If the discharge is smelly, it probably needs treatment.

3
Posted by: CC1 | 2005/07/15

Hi Abi, I'm not sure if the baby is supposed to be head down form 3 months, mine moved around and did somersaults a lot before engaging in the head down position. Regarding the discharge, this is normal but if there is a smell there might be an infection. I think you need to see a gynae just to be safe - good luck!

Reply to CC1
Posted by: Kiki | 2005/07/15

Go to the following website and you'll see what i mean http://wwwdotchclibrarydotorg/micromed/00061680dothtml

Reply to Kiki
Posted by: Kiki | 2005/07/15

As far as i know (please correct me if i'm wrong) baby is supposed to be in head down position.

it will be interesting to hear what the other ladies have to say

Reply to Kiki