Question
Posted by: Happy | 2008/01/24

Pos

I had normal cycle from 16the Dec to 9th Jan. When i went to my gyne on the 22nd (day 14) i got a positive blood test with a hcg of 1200.... could you please explain why did i still have normal cycle and if you think this is normal with this count

Your input will be appreciated

thanx

Dear Happy

It is not unusual in early pregnancy for patients to bleed despite normal healthy pregnancy. There’s several possibilities including the vanishing twin syndrome and implantation bleeding. However, in rare instances, the possibilities of an ectopic pregnancy (pregnancy in the fallopian tube), should be considered and since this constitutes a gynaecological complication, it is best ruled out by a gynaecologist. The ideal method would be by means of transvaginal ultrasound scanning