Question
Posted by: Porphyria Sufferer | 2007/06/24

Porphyria + The Pill + Weight Gain

Dear Doc,

My daughter (16) used Femodene ED for 21 days, three months ago. She has porphyria variegata and since she started drinking the pill she has gained a lot of unexplained weight around the waist and buttocks. She is in top health and follows a strict exercise and diet regime.
Could there be any link between the Porphyria +the Pill and the weight gain? What could be done???
We are very desperate!
Sincerely

Weight gain occurs in some women on the Pill but should not persist after stopping the Pill. I don 't think that poophyria should increase this effect.