Question
Posted by: madcow8 | 2003/03/16

porn addict

i really really need some help i am addicted to porn on the net and cant stop returning to the same porn site time after time.
I have 2 kids one two years five months and the other five months old, my fiance and i are in the process of sepperating and i have realised that i have lost my world and feel very asshamed and unhappy about the results.
pls help me cause i dont want to let this happen again BUT i cant stop returning to porn sites.

Very unhappy
Madcow8

Dear madcow8 ( Gee, I wodner what happend to the previous 7 madcows ? )
So many people become trapped by their own declarations. They announce, to themsevles, maybe even to others, that "I CAN"T" do this or that, when they actually mean "I Won't" You can stop returning to porn sites, or to any other sites. You could give up your ISP account ; or you could install one of the Netnanny type of parental controls, and let your fiancee select and keep secret the password that enables someone to change the controls to it. There are various things you could do to stop yourself, or to restrict the time you spent on such access, but you didn't choose to do them. You can change your mind, stop declaring the processs to be hopeless, and choose to restrict or stop yourself having such access.
You don't mention whether the breakup of your relationship is based on this excessive devotion to visiting porn sites ; or if you turned to the sites as the relationship was breaking up for other reasons. Either way, if you really wan the relationship, you can change your habits and heal the relationship, if you choose to. You could undertake counseling to review whatever problems you have personally, and start working on them. If she was interested in mending the problems between you, you could both become involved in relationship counselling.
And if you stop spending time and money on the porn access, you'll have time and money to spend on the counselling, and could turn this whole mess around. Why not try it, seriously ?

3
Posted by: os | 2003/03/19

Just do it, stop talking about it. Start exersizing and limit yourself to 1 or 2 times a week to start with.

Reply to os
Posted by: Ninja | 2003/03/17

Maybe you should find somebody decent as you are, who enjoys browsing through the porn sites and is as crazy about sex as you are! Just because you ex didn't enjoy that doesn't mean all women don't.

Reply to Ninja
Posted by: madcow8 | 2003/03/17

Our breakup was part porn and part that i did not spend time with the family, the reason why i did not spend time with the family was that i work 7 days a week 11am-11pm to put a roof over our head and food on the table.
Every night when i came home she was tired so communication was at its lowest and so was our sex life, the nights i wanted and she not i always resorted to porn as i felt taht porn was not cheating unlike going out to find a one night stand and No we will never get back together again (as much as i love and would like to) she has made it clear that she wants nothing to do with me!! i recently found out she was seeing her ex boyfriend but she says that her ex was not the reason why we are sepperating.
I need to find the will to stop going into porn as it has destroyed our relationship and dont want to repeat it again when i find someone new.

Reply to madcow8