Question
Posted by: Mable | 2008/01/16

Pomegranate.

Hi Diet Doc, I read some where that pomegranate juice has some special benefit for the heart [I think]. Are you aware of anything like that? Thank you.

Dear Mable
All fruits and vegetables contain so-called phytonutrients that are highly beneficial to health including that of the heart. I have not specifically read about pomegranate juice, but would guess that it is the red-coloured pigments that provide the benefit (which is probably that of a potent antioxidant). It is just difficult to obtain pure pomegranate juice and I would be curious to hear where it can be purchased?

1
Posted by: Mable. | 2008/01/17

Dear Dietdoc, I obtain the juice from Checkers. Made by the Real Juice company, and is a blend of pomegranate,blueberry,blacurrant,aronia berry, [never heard of them before] and bluberries.I think the only "pure juice"on the market is orange juice and then only certain brands.Hope I havent broken any rules or taboos with the above brand names. Thank you.

Reply to Mable.