Question
Posted by: Ruby | 2008/01/25

Polysomnogram

Hello Dr Bets,
I had my polysomnogram yesterday and will only have the results next week. I was just wondering, the sleep tech on duty told me that she know that I stopped breathing once, but I need to wait for them to analise the data before I will know what the result is. She check the data only every hour (and I only slept 3-4 hours). So one sleep apnea could still be normal? Meaning I dont have sleep apnea? I have to see my neurologist next week wednesday for the results, anything I should ask him? I am a bit concerned that I have apnea (I often wake up from not breathing), but that the test would not show it, cause I had a good night (I did not wake up from not breathing). Any suggestions?? Thanks!!!

Dear Ruby

Thank you for your reply. Dr Bets will only be on duty on Monday again, so you can repost your question to her.

In the mean time I suggest that you wait for the results from your Neurologist and not to be too concerned.

Kind regards