Question
Posted by: jt | 2004/02/17

polysistic ovarium syndrome

I had bad cramp and my face was really bad with spots which i never had before really tired and emotional. The docter took blood and a few wekks later i found out i had polysistic ovaries, the docter gave me Dionette tablets which ive been taken for a few months now but nothing has changed. I would be grateful if you could tell me any other treatment or anything i could do to help. THANX..

Try seeing a dermatologist for the acne. Go back to your gynaecologist if the other symptoms are still there.

1
Posted by: DB | 2004/02/19

Hi JT,

I was also diagnosed with PCOS and used Melodene as a contraceptive, and that worked very well. I had my period every month and my skin drastically improved. We are now trying to fall pregnant, and I have stopped taking any contraceptives, and unfortunately all the symptoms returned.

All the best!

Reply to DB