Question
Posted by: Miss B | 2005/12/05

Polyps

I am 29year old with sle, diagnosed with premature ovarian failure, due to medication given for lupus, 5yrs ago - my gynae found polyps in my uterus last week. What exactly are they and how are they formed? Is there a change that they could develop into something more severe like cancer and what are the chances of reoccurance? What are the best methods of treating them?

Polyps are outgrowths of the womb lining. The cause is not known. They can become cancerous but, at your age, the risk is pretty small. Treatment involves removal via a D&C.