Question
Posted by: Lyn | 2008/01/16

Polycystic ovaries

Could you also tell me what causes POC and does it get worse over time?

Many thanks
L

It is something you are born with and does not get worse over time.

2
Posted by: Moi | 2008/01/16

Is extremely painful periods usually associated with PCOS? This is happening to me and I can hardly walk sometimes

Reply to Moi
Posted by: LL | 2008/01/16

PCOS is when there are cysts on your ovaries, this happens when you do not ovulate and therefor you dont get a regular period. They can get worse over the years, that why they check your glucose/insulin levels to see if you dont have insulin-resistant PCOS. They give you glucophage or metformin to help with that and a LOW GI diet is recommended to get your body healthy as well as your weight. Google PCOS and you will find a whole lot info.... like it can affect your skin, hairgrowth, hypoglycemia, gain of weight etc.

It makes it difficult to conceive becauseyou dont ovulate thats why they give you fertility treatments...

Im 25 and have had it since forever.

Good luck, i hope it atleast helped.

Reply to LL