Question
Posted by: NG | 2007/05/31

Polycystic ovaries

I have been dignosed with polycystic ovaries, and would like more details on how i would be able to cure myself from this, also will i still be able to fall pregnant , side effects and cause of it thanks

There is no cure for PCOS but the symptoms can be managed. It can interfere with fertiity as many women do not ovulate. However, this is not the case with everyone.
Usual symptoms are missed or irregular periods, acne, weight gain and increased facial hair.

4
Posted by: NG | 2007/06/05

Thanks all for the advice.. will check out the website...
and keep the faith..

Reply to NG
Posted by: Charms | 2007/06/01

Just watch out for weight gain. The best thing to do is to start following a low GI way of eating. Unfortunatly gaining weight is one of the nasties of PCOS. I suggest that if you are planning on having children, to discuss it with your doctor as soon as possible. I was never told when first diagnosed and now I have reached a stage in PCOS where I do not ovulate anymore and have intense pain form time to time. So the longer you leave it and not get prepared, the slimmer the chance of falling pregnant.

Reply to Charms
Posted by: Dee | 2007/06/01

I meant curable not surable!

Reply to Dee
Posted by: Dee | 2007/06/01

PCOS is not surable, only manageable. There is an excellent webiste - www DOT -ovarian-cysts-pcos DOT com U can fall preg but u might need a bit of help from a fertility spec. Its just a little more difficult to fall preg. They say its genetic but no-one in my family has it, so Im not sure.

Reply to Dee