Question
Posted by: ZIL | 2004/11/24

POLYCYSTIC OVARIES

DOC

BEEN FOR BLOOD TESTS, SCAN , BEEN DIAGNOSED WITH PCOS, GYNAE ADVISED SURGERY WHERE HE WILL USE LASER TO SCRAPE OVARY (WHAT IS IT CALLED, FORGOT TO ASK), AS WELL AS CLEAN OUT MY TUBES. I HAVE BEEN DOING SOME RESEARCH AND WAS UNABLE TO COME TO A DECISION. IS THIS THE ONLY OPTION I HAVE, OR WILL CLOMIDS HELP? I AM AFRAID OF THE SURGERY AND ITS TOO COSTLY..PLEASE ADVISE , I AM IN DESPERATE NEED OF HELP.
MY MENSTRUAL CYCLE IS BETWEEN 30 AND 35 DAYS LONG, HOWEVER I AM OVULATING.. PLZ ADVICE

Ovarian drilling can rectify the problem. Otehr options are to go on the Pill if you do not want a pregnancy. If you do want a pregnancy and you are ovulating, Clomid is not necessary. You should have your sugar and insulin levels measured. If these are abnormal, Metformin may also be helpful.