Question
Posted by: Candy | 2008/01/26

Polycistic Overian Syndrome

Hi I have pcos and have most of the symptoms under control I just dont know when If and when I ovulate I would like to fall pregnant asap what can I do?

This is one of the major problems with PCOS in that the timing of ovulation, if it occurs, it is highly unpredictable. Further more, the high associated incidence of Unruptured Follicle Syndrome (LUFS) as well as Empty Follicle Syndrome (EFS) further contributes to conceptual failure. Therefore even with whole monitoring ovulation kits the establishment of ovulation pattern is highly unreliable and difficult to diagnose. My advise therefore is to have yourself monitored by a gynecologist and perhaps assist ovulation or follicle development by means of ovulation induction which will certainly alleviate any anxiety an intention that may by itself further contribute to the fertility problem.

1
Posted by: Sophie | 2008/01/28

Hi Candy,

U can get your doctor to put you on chlomid (a drug that enables u or helps you to ovulate). Your doctor will explain the directions as to when to start taking it and when you may expect to ovulate. Good luck

Reply to Sophie