Question
Posted by: Poly | 2004/02/12

Polyccystic Ovary

Dear Doctor

I have been diagnosed with have a polycystic ovary. My Dr has prescribed Clomid which I have taken. I am currently on day 34 of my cycle and have still not had a period. I have tested and it was negative. However, I have been temperature charting and my temperature has gone from being low in the first phase to rising after day 14, dipping for one day and then rose and has continued to stay high (37.1degC). Please, I am really confused as to what is happening in my body, can you help???

You may well have ovulated but did not fall pregnant. The best way to use Clomid is for your doctor to track the pregnancy with scans and measuring hormone levels. This way you can know for certain whether ovulation occurred and whether the follicles developed.

1
Posted by: Meg | 2004/02/12

You should have started menstruating by now. If you used clomid then your cycle should be regulated to a normal 28 days.

I would imagine that you took the clomid as instructed by your doctor? If I were you, I would contact your gynae and get him to do a scan to see what is happening. You should have gone for a day 12 scan to make sure that you were ovulating on the Clomid.

Dont give up hope. I also had polycystic, went onto Clomid and fell pregnant on my second time and am now 8 weeks preggies.

Reply to Meg