Question
Posted by: Kay | 2004/01/21

poly cystic ovarian syndrome

I have been diagnosed with PCOS. I have received conflicting advice on treatment from the pill to diabetic medication to operations to 'there is nothing you can do'. I would appreciate some direction.

It depends what your symptoms are. If you have irregular periods, then the Pill is needed. If you are overweight or have high insulin levels, then Glucophage is necessary. The treatment has to be individualised to the problems of the specific person. If you have not seen a gynaecologist, it would be a good idea to do so.