Posted by: Andy | 2008/08/06

Poly Athralgia

I am a 41 male, working underground on a mine. Yesterday I went to see my doctor, and he diagnosed me with Poly Athralgia. What exactly is it, and will I be able to keep on working underground?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Hi Andy
Poly-athralgia is not a diagnosis - it is a description of symptoms and means pain in more than one joint. There are many reasons or causes for this. It could be due to a viral or bacterial infection, osteo arthritis or rheumatoid arthritis. If it does not clear up with treatment you need to get some blood tests and at least an x/ray of some of the affected joints to determine the cause. The cause will determine if you will be able to keep on working underground.
Dr Bets

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.