Question
Posted by: Gay, lesbian and bisexual expert | 2007/07/27

Poll results

Hi everyone

Our forum recently hosted a mini poll, asking you what you thought gay rights organisations in SA should be doing more of. This followed several posts related to the murder of two lesbians in Soweto, on the grounds of their sexual orientation - these were very clearly hate crimes.

80 people participated in the poll. Here are the results:

29% - Become more visible in the mass media
21% - Be more active in education
21% - Be more outspoken against discrimination
21% - Be more active in rendering counselling
8% - Be more active in lobbying parliament

Thanks to everyone who participated.

Expert ImageGay, lesbian and bisexual expert

:)

2
Posted by: Sommer net.... | 2007/07/28

It was good to see a serious question for a change Kobus, I hope there will be more of these but I also couldn't find it so couldn't take part, PLEASE Health24 sort out your problems?

Reply to Sommer net....
Posted by: Kobus | 2007/07/28

Expert I missed this poll (somehow I couldn't it?) and I think many more people would have wanted to participate if it was easier to find on this site but I still find it interesting that they want people like you to be more prominent in the media.

I have a problem with this because if it is only a few people and actual organisations always shouting in the press and on TV it looks as if gay rights only affects a very few people.I think EVERYONE should be doing their bit by speaking up and not just sit back and wait for organisatins to do the shouting.

If we feel strongly about something we - all LGBT people - should ALL be shouting, writing letters to newspapers, signing petitions, going to political parties etc.

I'm nt suggesting that people like yourself and the gay organisations must stop, God knows we need what you do, but other people like the readers here should be supporting you much more. These issues affect us all.

Reply to Kobus