Posted by: Sariana | 2009/07/06


When a person is injured at word - work related - the work must give him special leave - the person should not used his own leave, because it is work related, and the work report the injury to the Comp Comm?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageLabour lawyer


When a person is injured at work they have to take sick leave. The doctors will provide a certificate and the sick leave must be given by the employer. There is no such thing as special leave. Furthermore, the employee should not use his own leave for this sick leave. The employee should also ensure that the employer has reported the matter to the Workmens Compensation Commissioner.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/01/06

I was requested to report to work 5 weeks after giving birth with c-section, I was lifting heavy boxes and I was not fully recovered, while packing some files a steel shelve fell on me and aggravated my operation and I had back pain . What should I do?

Reply to Anonymous
Posted by: samuel k | 2014/11/25

i am work at agent than got injured on thereafter they don't want to reisteat me at there i don't know wat to email

Reply to samuel k
Posted by: Mokibelo Ndlozi | 2014/11/05

I suffered and injury on duty on the16th March 2014. I used my medical aid and never reimbursed. I am told by my employer that medical aid will never be compensated. I also have follow up checks with my othropaedic which I pay from my pocket.

Reply to Mokibelo Ndlozi
Posted by: Anonymous | 2014/07/11

hi my husband had a stroke at work is this an iod cause it seems that according his boss this has got nothing to do with him please i need info

Reply to Anonymous
Posted by: B Du Preez | 2014/06/11

I work for a security company. We do a lot of counrty jobs and w we did a site survey, at a new shopping centre that is bieng build. As I walked out of the premmises I fainted and fell ontop of scaffolding and injured my back. The work said to me it s not injury on duty. They said itsd an internal problem. I dnt have a history of fainting. So I need some advice please?

Reply to B Du Preez
Posted by: anon | 2014/03/18

I work for a security company and I was injured on duty. The hospital booked me off for 7days. My manager then advised me that I have to report back on duty but light duties. I have a injured shoulder and bruising on my back. My co standard operating procedures state in order for me to get paid in full after a death I have to wear all personal protective equipment but I was informed by management to only use part of my bullet proof vest as I work in the armed response industry. My concern is what happens if i am involved in a hazardous situation whilst on duty as i am exposed to criminal activities whilst on duty and my reaction will be slower due to my injuries. Please advise. Thank you.

Reply to anon
Posted by: mmele | 2013/03/10

if i lost a hand while on duty who must pay for my artificial hand?my self or my company ,pls help

Reply to mmele
Posted by: mmele | 2013/03/10

if i lost a hand while working ,who must pay for artificial hand

Reply to mmele

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.