Question
Posted by: Carol | 2005/12/14

Pointless Lives

Morning , hows kitty ? mine nearly drove me nuts last nite .

Thank you for thinking about me with your answer to the character that wants to leave the planet.

I am battling to cope , but my way of doing it is to decide how much I m prepared to cope with now , and simply refuse to take on more than I can handle . I told my boss i will come back to work only if he gives me mundane work to do , as i cant think straight , he agreed, but has now reneged on his word ... too bad .. the wheel turns.

As you know we are moving and its christmas .. well thats all im concentrating on , moving and christmas.

Between the wit idiots fan clubs and the morons threatening to commit sideways i dont know what upsets me the most.

Dont people realise how pointless their attitudes are ??? , life is very very short , we only have one chance to do something with it, and yet there are so many people that are simply a waste of space or oxygen thieves as I used to call my ex....

Jeepers people contribute something while on this planet ... smile at someone , stroke a dog , cuddle a kitten , plant a tree .. but stop upsetting peoples lives , especially the regulars on this forum who in their own way do have a valuable contribution to offer.

Hi Carol,
Sounds lke a realistic approach, to elect, on priorities and practicalities, what one is able to cope with, and handle that, rather than taking on a pile so large that one can only stare helplessly at it !
It's odd when people insist on rubing other people's noses in their despair, and carefully select a way of doing so that will ensure that the audience can only feel bad about it and are prevented from helping. There is so much aggression in such situations, as if they're really keen to make us share the pain.
And isn't it a pity that the people the world really would be better off without ( I shan't name any just yet !) --- but corrupt officials, serial killers, abusers, whatever, so rarely have any interest in ending their misery-inducing lives, while basically decent people so often feel tempted to do so ?