Question
Posted by: berni | 2007/04/02

pnemonia

Hi there could you please help me with some advise, i just had pnemonia and i'd like to know how long i need to wait before cycling and running again. Your advise would be greatly appreciated.
Thank You

Expert ImageArchive

Dear Berni:
Generally, you can start exercising 4-6 weeks after your symptoms have stopped. Please be aware that you should begin exercising at a low intensity as your fitness level will be significantly decreased, due to the strain your cardiovascular system received from your illness.

I advise you to consult a physician as to when he/ she feels you can start an exercise program.