Question
Posted by: WHY? | 2005/07/20

PMS - Nightmares

I am a healthy 38 single mother. 5 Days before my periods are due I start having horrible discusting terrifying nightmares, that last until my periods start. I wake myself up crying. If I have a historectomy (sorry for the wrong spelling) will it stop the nightmares? How will a historectomy influence my personality at 38? Will it give me mood swings, will my weight increase? I appreciate your reply to my questions and should you have any advice on this issue, please will you give it to me. Thanks.

This is an unusual symptom. A hysterectomy will not affect these nightmares, as it is the ovaries which produce hormones. If the ovaries were removed at this age, you would be immediately menopausal. You are quite young for this. You could try the Pill though.