Question
Posted by: Kasandra | 2008/01/15

PMS

Hi Cybershrink, Compliments for the Season! Hope you had a wonderful time with family and friends. My problem is I get very bad pms 7 days before my period must start. Feel like the movie the RING. 7 days on the dot. The rest is fine and the pill seems to work for me. In the week I just feel very down and depressed and dont want to see or be around people all the symptons of being depressed I also get very aggressive and naggy. I do excercise but it doesnt help that much.

Is there anything that I can maybe take in that week that you can suggest that would help me with the low depression feeling together with anxiety and aggression.

I wonder whether a good gynae could consider the various hormonal permutations and come up with a solution ? None of the orthodox treatments for depression work in less than a couple of weeks, so taking them in these situations wouldn't help, and could just add side-effects to what is already troubling you.