Question
Posted by: Kasandra | 2008/01/11

PMS

Dear Doc
I hope you can assist me, I get terrible pms 7 days before my period, i get very very constipated very uncomfortable, i am very anxiouse and moody and depressed. I do take vitb6 _ magnesium tablets and primrose oil but lately it doesnt seem to work. IS there ANYTHING maybe something on prescribsion i can get for the 7 days before my period. other then that mercilon seems to be working great for me. I take aloe vera crystals for my tummy but sometimes it is very runny and dont know what to do about the constipation. Any ideas. I do drink lots of water. I am really sick of PMS

Dear Kasandra

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

I suggest that you make an appointment with a Gynaecologist, to start with an oral contraceptive suitable for you, which will eleviate the bad symptoms you experience of PMS. I recommend that you use Laxette syrup, twice daily, for one week to assist with your bowel movements.

You can also take Ativan SL 1mg for your anxiousness. Your GP will have to give you a prescription for this.

Kind regards