Question
Posted by: pms | 2004/09/29

PMS

What do you recommend for the treatment of PMS. I am currently on cyclic Prozac, which works very well, but would like to try something different due to the side effects. Would you recommend calcium and magnesium supplements and if so in what dosages (which local products would you recommend).

Prozac works well. The evidence for the supplements you mentioned is flimsy.
Exercise and avoiding caffeine and cigarettes also helps

1
Posted by: Mol | 2004/09/29

Hi. I also suffer from extreme PMS - it takes over your life! I am on the pill, Yasmin, which seems to make it better. According to my gynea nothing works for PMS except anti-depressants, I don't want to use that for 4 days of the month! There is a product called Femolene - don't know if it is all in the head, but that worked very well. You cant get it at any pharmacy.

Reply to Mol