Question
Posted by: Rooiboos | 2004/10/12

plz give a piece of opinion

Dear CS,
Do you consider a man who watch porn on a regular bases as healthy? (twice-three times per week)
Do you think their partner should make a fuzz about it?

Hello Rooibos,
HMm, this topic sure brings out the puns, doesn't it ? I think the expert consensus would be --- its not unhealthy for someone to have regular access to porn, depending on how it is used. If it is a substitute for human contact and relationships, that's sad. If it's a spice that enables them to maintain loving and sexual relationships, that's OK. As you'll see from other responses, many nice normal folks share such viewing, and make it a part of their relationship, rather than forcing it to become a solitary and secret activity for one spouse.
Downloading such stuff on his cellphone sounds like a waste of money and with more risk of discovery inadvertently by others.
It is more often men who enjoy this form of lubricious entertainment --- but then more women get hooked on Lurve-porn ( soapies, love-novels, etc) than men, in both cases enjoying something by proxy.

11
Posted by: Jan | 2004/10/12

I can say not all men are into porn. Yes when a girl walks past and it is worth looking then look. But why would you watch other porn scenes where you can really be romantic with your partner. My wife and I are 13 years married and we don't look at things like that not alone or together not to mention toys....

I think good communications is the problem and you need to find somethings to do together.
That will help building a better relationship which will lead to better communications, which will lead to good sex live where he will enjoy watching and chatting to you when you bath or shower and visa versa. as mention by Mona.

good luck

Reply to Jan
Posted by: Rooiboos | 2004/10/12

I watch porn sometimes too. But I just wonder when I open his computer and see all these pic of tits & pu*y, and making clips, what should I think?
I was first very disgust, then I thought maybe this is normal for men... is that?
plz give some advices & opinions.

Reply to Rooiboos
Posted by: danny-girl | 2004/10/12

buy one of those books one day .... read through it .... see what it does for you and maybe you'll understand....

good luck !

Reply to danny-girl
Posted by: Rooiboos | 2004/10/12

He downloads porn clips (+/-2mins) from internet, 3-4 different ones at a time, then deleted them after a while. I must say, he must know some good sites, because those are quiet good quality clips & pics. Things I dont like is the fact that he save some of those pic in his cellphone as well when he browsing the net through his phone.
I found 2 porn magzs at his place before, nothing else, no movies.
He never asked me to watch anything with him, I think he feels bit shy. But I will definately ask him to watch something together, and see his reactions.
By the way, he normally download them at work, and no internet access at home. After work, he watches TV.

Reply to Rooiboos
Posted by: danny-girl | 2004/10/12

hey whatever turns my guy on - is cool with me - as long as it's just him and me that is !

in any relationship things "cool down" after a while so i think it's necessary to do whatever is necessary to keep the guy and to keep things "up".....

Reply to danny-girl
Posted by: Mona | 2004/10/12

Okay, i also do watch the occasional, once a year movie, and some of the movies on dstv is so raunchy it might as well have been porn, and yes, my hubby do get lucky, but i will defenately not let my hubby sit and watch it every week! Thats plain disgusting, he can come watch me shower if he realy wants to see something.

Reply to Mona
Posted by: Dee | 2004/10/12

I dont agree with Mona - my husband and I have a few porn movies well hidden away from curios people in our house and we like to take them out on occassion (ok - so its like 3 or four times a YEAR and not a week). I have to admit that I havent actually seen the full length of any of the movies either...

I dont see anything wrong with it personally but I have to say that if you need to watch it 2 or 3 times a WEEK then you might have a bit of a porn problem. I would not be impressed if my hubby was glued to the tv that many times a week watching porn on his own.

Reply to Dee
Posted by: danny-girl | 2004/10/12

hey there are some guys who like watching this - and if you can't beat then join them ?

....i also use to think this is disgusting until the 'big' love in my life asked me one day to watch with him - and it was actually such a turn-on and we had a lot of fun ! same as with sex-toys...

as my mother taught me "in a marriage (ok now i apply it to relationships) nothing is taboo between a guy and a gal"

use it / don't use it...

Reply to danny-girl
Posted by: Shelly | 2004/10/12

Ppl usually watch these kinds of movies if they are hard up (pardon the pun too) and dont have a partner etc.

If your partner is watching a porn movie, then that is a clear indication of something wrong in your sex life.

Try being adventurous and having sex more regularly. You havent said how often you have sex. Perhaps it's your partner's way (not a cool one admittedly) of telling you that they want to have sex with you more often.

Reply to Shelly
Posted by: Mona | 2004/10/12

Here's my piece of opinion - porn movies sux!! (Excuse the pun) They are for horny teenagers to have a laugh. Adults usually practise those type of things in a descent, romantic way with their partner.

Reply to Mona
Posted by: danny-girl | 2004/10/12

have you even asked her to watch with you ?

Reply to danny-girl