Question
Posted by: Ruby | 2008/02/04

Plysomnogram results

Hello Dr Bets,
I got the results of my polysomnogram: 1) I have insignificant sleep apnea 2) I kick in my sleep 3) My sleep is very poor 4) I take long to fall asleep. I did not see the report myself, this is just what my doctor (neurologist) told me. He said that they can do nothing to help me, apart from giving me tablets for the kicking (aparently that is severe), but he said that it could be that one of the tablets I am on or the interaction of tablets is causing it and since I am on 7 things at the moment he did not want to give me more medication. He also told me to try and stop most of my medication, he said that he dont think I have marfans and also that he does not think I am supposed to be sick and maybe it is just the tablets making me not feel well. This is the neurologist, so he did not really know what I have been through etc. Anyway, so I tried to stop some of the medication and all the old symptoms came back (severe sinus, chest pain, muscle pain, acid reflux). So now I am just taking all the medication as I am supposed to, it really helps me :-) At the moment I am feeling great (just get chest pain still), but I dont have confidence to stop my medication. My heart rate is still not really normal. I still get resting HR over 160 and this morning my HR monitor woke me up, my HR was 39, it then went to 41, 51, 64 and then it stayed at low 60s. I woke up VERY VERY tired. The neurologist also said I should try to take the concor only every second day, I did not do this, it is just to nerve recking when my HR goes to high or to low. Any ideas of what I should do? Thanks Dr Bets!!!

Dear Ruby
I think you should just take your Concor as you should. Please just send me a complete list of what you are taking at the moment and the dosages again? I just want to review it all together to see if I can recommend something for you?