Question
Posted by: alex | 2007/07/21

pluritus nodularis & porphyria variegata

I have been diagnosed with the above conditions. I am 47, female.
As a result I have mild scarring and pigmentation marks. I would like to have these removed from my face through microdermabrasion. Please advise if it will be safe for me to have this procedure done.

Dear Alex

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

Porphyria is defined as: Intermittent attacks of nervous system dysfuntion and/or skin sunlight sensitivity. You have to treat the skin lesions by avoiding sunlight exposure completely or covering up skin when going outside. Consult the online Skin Expert or make an appointment with a Dermatologist regarding treatment of the existing scarring and pigmentation marks.

Kind regards