Posted by: Loui | 2010/01/19

Pls help urgently

In reagrds to the status of the settlement in my divorce.
Firstly - i have read thru lot of correspondence and i' m getting a fright that i have done things the wrong way but through attorneys of course. I filed for divorce in Jan 09 and ex refused to cooperate in any of the summons issued to him until such time my lawyer decide to take me to High court to end my marriage which failed based on physical abuse and extra marital affairs which she thought all valid proof is sufficient to take action without his presence and the divorce took place 22 Jun 09 and my lawyer gave me a letter to give to ex as the situation was unbearable to stay with him so i moved out the same month end

Point on letter

1. Our divorce is final
2. Each child to be pain maintanance of R3000 each as opted on summons and based on salary since he failed to contest or take action on the matter
3. Split of asset to be in place in six month

I moved out till this day haven' t recd anything from ex, battling with 2 girls which he only come to see if it suits him. By God' s grace there was access on our bond which he will ask me to transfer to him every month end, i then decided that i wont sit back and suffer with kids as he is busy with these and i took R4000 each to try and meet my kid' s needs which i spoke to my lawyer &  psychologist rgds the matter which they approved i take also and keep receipt for the court in case the matter arise but i came to a point of realising that in no time these funds will be finished and what will happen to me and kids as i cannot cope on my salary alone, it will be a disaster to my kids. I keep phoning my lawyer which i need to pay them R500 each month which the amount is now just above R6000 but nothing from their side that they are doing in such a way that when i spoke to them rgds maintanance they send to Maintanance Court as this will cost me a fortune if they do it for me when i thought this is covered in my divorce since i mentioned all to them and gave copies of all relevant docs such policies ans pension fund to get that 50% split since we were married COP.

Pls help as i have taken many calls but nothing to this day has been done please.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageDivorce support expert

This is unfortunately a recurring story and before one can recognise that they are dealing with a "bad" lawyer, much cost has been spent already.
You can contact me for a legal referral.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Whena | 2010/01/19

Get yourself a new lawyer.Thsi one is stringing you along and making money out of you

Reply to Whena

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.