Question
Posted by: Megs | 2005/11/28

Pls help second Very big drop in BBT

Could you tell me what could cause you bbt to drop right down for a second time in your cycle. my bbt is normally around 36.2 and drops no further then 35.9 but today it dropped right down to 35.4.
Your help would really be appreciated

Dear Megs

The use of BBT is rather crude and subject to various fluctuations. It also depends on the type of thermometer used. Some of the electronic thermomteres are rather erratic and can give you false drops in BBT. One is particulary interested in what is called core temperature and this is best measured by the old fashion mercury thermometers under the tongue.
It is very unusual, and I would say almost impossible to have a drop of bbt twice in a particular cycle. I would therefore question the sensitivity and methodology of the measuring device that you are using.