Question
Posted by: mpumi | 2004/12/04

pls help doc..

my husbabd had an accident in 1996 and his c4 and c5 (whatever that is ) was disturbed... now his spine is okay but he cannot walk without his sticks.. and he walks very slow his hands cannot grab properly (hope you understand what i mean) i would like to know whether can there be recovery

Expert ImageArchive

Mpumi
HOw disturbed was his C4 and 5 nerve root? We need to know more detail to give you better information. It sounds like he has had signicant damage to the nerve, however I have treated a number of patients who have managed to improve their quality of life by seeing a therapist eg: walk unassisted and even ride a horse. He needs to be given exercises to improve his overall strength (including his grip strength). To be able to give you accurate advice on his recovery I need more detail, as the extent of the damage will determine his rate of recovery. Thanks

2
Posted by: mpumi | 2004/12/21

My husband and i would like yo see you, where are yo consultation rooms pls provide me with the details as i would like you to examine him as soon as possible..

Reply to mpumi
Posted by: mpumi | 2004/12/11

Thanx Doc

He cannot walk without sticks and he walks slow. When he's walking he needs assistance. He cannot turn his head at a 90 degrees angle, can only turn up to 45... he's able to hold a spoon he can feed himself but cannot bathe by himself..

Pls help.

Reply to mpumi