Question
Posted by: Beth | 2004/01/27

Pls help-cant take it anymore!!!!

Hi there.

I am 20 yrs old and have been dating this guy for a year.He is amazing and makes me extremely happy.The problem is my mom says she hates him all the time and says she wishes he`d just disappear out of our lives forever.She said she`s even considered doing something to achieve this!
I really love this man and will do anything to keep us together but i just cant take the constant bitching from my mother and the constant fights!!
She says she refuses to accept him even if we do get married which we`ve been discussing alot lately.
All i feel like doing is packing up and just leaving home and go far away where i can never see her again.
She`s constantly picking to the extent where im beginning to hate her.
Pls advise me as what im supposed to do,because i cnt take the strain anymore and feel like im going crazy.
Over the festive season we got into a huge fight bout it and she ended up in hospital due to an overdose.
Im desperate and dont know what to do.his man is my life and i love him.
Pls advice!!

Thank You in advance.

Dear Beth,
There must be some reason for her to dislike him so much, even if it's not a logical or sensible one. After all, there's no plans for him to marry her. Maybe you need to explore ways to move out of the home and be independent, if you want to live your own life with less interference. You don't mention your Dad ? Is he not around ? Or if he is, what does he think about this --- at least he, or maybe other members of your family wo can also talk to your mom, could discover what's lighting the fire behind her dislike of your bf.

4
Posted by: jj | 2004/01/27

Agree on what Storm have to say, but surely nobody dislike somebody else with no reason? Like Storm said it's your life.

Reply to jj
Posted by: Storm | 2004/01/27

I was in a relationship that eneded last week were the same thing happend. Her mom just did not like me, I know her mom had a problem with depression, etc. And she was so so scared her baby would get hurt. Well she always had her nose in our business and had rules, and and. She made our relationship hell. Well the daughter got to much Influence from the mother, and also wanted to leave but then the mother sweet talked her again. So I was the one that always came up short. I was just the bf and that was her mom. I mean it is your relationship, not your moms. She has to stay out of your business. If you really love this man, and he REALLY LOVES YOU, and you feel that everything is worth it to stay with him, then you have to talk to your mom and tell her this is your live, your dicision, and she must bud out. If you bump your head, then you should, that is the only way to learn. Good luck, as I said I know what you both are going through.

Reply to Storm
Posted by: Beth | 2004/01/27

There is no valid reason.

Reply to Beth
Posted by: jj | 2004/01/27

You do not say why your mother hate's him or do not want to accept him. Is there a valid reason?

Reply to jj