Question
Posted by: SD | 2008/01/24

Pls help

I am 17 years male and my poblem is when ever I see other guyz naked I get an erection especially when i see that their penises are bigger than mine but I do have a girlfriend could I be gay or bi?

Expert ImageTeen expert

Hi SD

You may be gay or bi, but the main thing here is that you feel okay about being you. It may simply be that at this point in your life anything sexual you see makes you feel sexual and aroused, and this is not unusual.

Only you will know if you are gay, bi or straight and this is about being attracted sexually to males, females or both.

What remains important here is that this is about who you are, and whoever you are you should be accepting of yourself.

4
Posted by: SD | 2008/01/25

Thank you for all your comments!!! much appreciated I feel at ease now & I know that I dont want to have sex with any of the guyz but the situation was bothering me.

Reply to SD
Posted by: Jay | 2008/01/25

Hey SD

I agree with most of what Eric (above) had to say except the concept of "already gay". Sexual orientation could be predetermined before birth or in early childhood (Scientists have pretty interesting evidence leaning towards a genetic reason but it isn't 100% conclusive yet). The point is you can't "become" or "choose" to be gay/straight/bi/whatever - you just are who you are.

Just looking at other guys' penises and becoming aroused doesn't automatically make you gay/bi. If you feel you could be emotionally and sexually attracted to guys then it's a different story. At the end of the day you'll eventually know for sure where you stand with your sexuality - I was only certain at the age of 19/20. At least our generation are a lot more open and tolerant of different sexualities which is making it easier for people to accept themselves and live happy lives.

Try not to box yourself in a certain category - your sexuality isn't a be-all and end-all defining quality of you as a person. You're just YOU and that's the most important thing at the end of the day.

Reply to Jay
Posted by: Eric | 2008/01/24

No, no, no. I do not agree with the statement of Badboy that you are indeed already gay. You are still young and adjusting to an adult environment. Your testosterone levels are at a peak. When you see the penises of other guys your own sexuality is triggered into action in your mind. Remember just a few years ago, prior to reaching puberty, your own penis was just 2 inches long. You are still fascinated with the impressive penises of other guys. You are wrongly believing that your penis is smaller than those from others that you are seeing. This misperception is because of the angle from which you are looking (from above) at your own penis. Those from others you are seeing from the side or from the front. Stand in front of a mirror and look carefully. I will not be surprised if other guys on the contrary believe that your penise is bigger than their's.

But come to terms with your own sexuality. If you believe that you are straight, continue with your relationship with your girl friend. Be proud of your own tool and do not stare at those of other guys.

Reply to Eric
Posted by: badboy | 2008/01/24

u r gay bro! Get out of the closet

Reply to badboy