Question

Pls help

I am 24 years old and have a very long list of things that are wrong with me health-wise. I had piarree and had to have all my teeth removed, I suffer from depression (I think it might be inherited from my Dad), I have Reynaud’s syndrome, so come winter-time, and I really suffer. My mom has had a double bypass and has heart disease (she is only 47 now, this happened by the age of 42)
I recently found out that I have high cholesterol (7.5) and I also struggle with my blood pressure being too high. I had pre-eclampsia when pregnant with my son and had to stop working when I was three months pregnant. My Dad suffers from hypertension and is on chronic medication for it. I also have Von-Wille-Brands syndrome and am always anaemic.

I was never a sick child but I’m just wondering if being born premature (six months) could cause all these problems, later in life?

Dear Anon
No, not really - most of your problems are probably inherited like the high cholesterol and high bloodpressure. I hope that you are being managed by a physician, as you need holistic treatment.